I sat down at my computer last week and went about my annual process of selecting my ten favorite photographs I made this year. I always enjoy this and usually find it interesting. There are always some photos that I loved when I took them, often because of fond memories of the experience, that seem less spectacular overt time. There are others that just stick with me. There are photos that others really like that I’m not as enamored with, and some that I think are really cool that didn’t get much of a reaction from my friends. So I mix all that together and create a short list of my favorite photos and then work to cull that list down to ten.
This year was especially challenging and getting down to ten favorites forced me to cast asides some pictures that I really like! Next week I’ll share my favorites, along with some background information on each of them and why it was included. In the meantime, here are the honorable mentions (in no particular order).
1) Castle Mountain Sunrise – Banff National Park, Canada
2) Kirkjufellsfoss Sunset – Iceland
3) Stately Grizzly – Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
4) Shark Fin Milky Way – Davenport, California
5) Kirby Cove Twilight – San Francisco, California
6) Posing Puffin – Iceland
7) Narrows and Tree – Zion National Park, Utah
8) Kirkjufell Reflections – Iceland
9) Stars Over Soberanes – Big Sur, California
10) Lower Johnston Canyon Falls – Banff National Park, Canada